Wednesday 10 October 2012

Autumn woodland and Monster Plans

























We had a lovely walk at the weekend, in lovely Autumn sunshine. The light at this time of year seems to try harder than usual to illuminate the beauty of nature, with long shadows falling across paths and adding contrast to all those jewel-like leaves all a-glow.

Milly will be three in December and whilst I know that's a little way off yet, I'm trying to get myself organised in advance because I know that I will be doing all kinds of Christmas stuff when it does swing round. So, I'm planning a Monster party for her and her nursery friends. Here is a prototype invitation from an idea I found by Sarson on Pinterest. I think I'll be using LOTS of googly eyes!!!

I've also started sewing up some simple little fabric party bags for the children to take home. Already this year Jess has been to two birthday parties and each time come home with a plastic bag full of crappy plastic toys, so I'm keen to do something different. After all, I don't use plastic bags when I shop and if I buy the girls plastic toys they're always second hand; why should it be any different for a party? Plastic is probably one of the biggest environmental disasters in the making, as I've written about before so even if one parent sees my efforts and decides to follow my example, it'll be worth it.




8 comments:

  1. Fiquei ENCANTADA. Fotos lindas e mágicas! E tua preocupação com o ambiente, maravilha também! beijos,chica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a lovely day, glad you enjoyed the photos! I can't look at all the plastic everywhere without wondering where it will end up - most likely in the ocean, in the belly of a fish....

      Delete
  2. Hallo Chloe!So beautiful photos and i enjoy looking the girls and the dogy!You have mashrooms i see !What a lovely walk!Be well,have a nice week my dear!
    Dimi..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dimi! I love your sweet comments xxxx enjoy the rest of your week too!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos! Love the monster invitations, what a fabulous idea, gotta love pinterest. Seeds appropiate to the season are great to put in party bags. I always give seeds or bulbs with kids birthday presents, always goes down a treat! I commend your handmade and green philosophy, wish more folk felt the same....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Brilliant idea, plus it means I get to go seed-shopping, yay! x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos, it is a beautiful time of year...inbetween the rain! The invitations look fab..you are so organised! `I used paper bags and got the kids to stamp them with pictures..a bit sketchy but better than not so fantastic plastic! Seeds ar a fab idea! see ya soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me realizei com seu passeio, amo a natureza especialmente árvores!
    bj

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to write ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...